Top criminal justice officials from the Republic of Bulgaria were in Washington, DC, last week for training and information exchange sessions with their counterparts in the United States. Despite their busy schedule, the Bulgarian officials insisted on including one last stop on their itinerary: a visit to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial.
While law enforcement officer fatalities are much lower in Bulgaria than in the United States, Minister Tsvetanov said it is important for everyone to remember and honor all officers who have died in the line of duty, regardless of where they served.
- Tsvetan Tsvetanov, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior
- Margarita Popova, Minister of Justice
- Boris Velchev, Chief Prosecutor
- Tsvetlin Yovchev, Chairman of State Agency for National Security
- Stanimir Florov, Director of Combating Organized Crime Directorate, Ministry of Interior
- Ivan Anchev, First Secretary, Embassy of Bulgaria
- Tihomir Stoytchev, Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of Bulgaria