A Network of Support for Lasting Change
In 2021, “A Network of Support for Lasting Change” acknowledged the increased number of protests, riots, and violence, making the role that law enforcement has within our communities more relevant than ever before. Each day, leaders from numerous departments, agencies, universities, organizations, and associations across the country work together to learn, lead, and listen for ways to improve policing and strengthen communities.
However, communication of these efforts often falls short: community members are not always aware of steps undertaken to bolster their own communities, while those within law enforcement may miss opportunities to share successes and learn new ideas from their own colleagues. This program will aim to bridge some of those communication gaps by introducing our audience to key supporters from the law enforcement community who will share examples of how they and their organizations contribute to creating safer communities.
- Thomson Reuters https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en.html
- DuPont – Law Enforcement https://www.dupont.com/life-protection.html
- Engage Public Safety https://www.engagepublicsafety.org/
- MovementForward, Inc. https://movementforward.org/
- RTI International Center for Policing Research and Investigative Science https://www.rti.org/practice-area/policing
- Precinct 444
- Part 1: Encore: A Network of Support for Lasting Change: Part 1 – National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (nleomf.org)
- Part 2: Encore: A Network of Support for Lasting Change – Part 2 – National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (nleomf.org)
- Part 3: A Network of Support for Lasting Change, Part 3 – National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (nleomf.org)
- Axel Threlfall, Editor at Large, Reuters
- Thomas Canavan, Executive Director, National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum
- Steve LaGanke, Global Marketing Manager – Defense, DuPont
- Sharon Sayles Belton, Vice President, Government Affairs and Community Relations, Thomson Reuters
- Chief Jeffrey Glover, Tempe, AZ
- Chief Brian R. Peete, Montpelier, VT
- Florence Chung, Founder, Engage Public Safety
- Markel Hutchins, CEO, MovementForward, Inc.
- Renee Mitchell, Senior Police Researcher with RTI International; President, American Society of Evidence-Based Policing