Chief Ranger, National Park Service, Independence National Historical Park
My name is Michelle Schonzeit and I currently serve as the Chief Ranger at Independence National Historical Park in Philadelphia, PA. However, I am not the only LEO in our home. My husband, LT Simeon Klebaner, has been with the US Park Police for 21 years. He currently serves as the District 5 Commander for US Park Police and previously was the Aviation Commander, Shift Commander, and served in numerous stations including serving as a Rescue Technician (Paramedic/LEO) in Aviation.
We manage careers in two separate cities. I work in Philadelphia and he works in the District of Columbia. We have a 2-year-old daughter who lives in our family home in Annapolis, MD although, I am away for work during the week.
Some great facts about our dual careers:
- I shoot better than my husband.
- He’s a better Paramedic than I am
- He’s probably also a better Police Officer, but I still out rank him.
- He’s rappelled out of helicopters and is a Rappel Master
- I’ve rappelled with a rifle down Hoover Dam
- We’ve both saved numerous lives in our careers and helped protect some of the places most sacred to Americans
We are both proud to serve as Law Enforcement Officers.