The National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum stands behind the heroes that have dedicated their lives to keeping our communities safe. We depend on generous sponsors like you to support our mission to tell their story, keep the legacy and proud history of those who have fallen in the line of duty alive, and make it safer for those who serve. The Corporate Partnership program enhances your brand recognition through our programs, services, events, and communications channels.
To inquire about the opportunities for corporate partnership, please contact Mary Petto, Chief Public Engagement Officer, at email@example.com.
CAUSE RELATED MARKETING
Through cause related marketing, companies put the power of their products and services behind the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. Together, we create unique opportunities that reach our extensive network of stakeholders. To discuss this opportunity, please contact the Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-737-3400.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) developed Standard 19, to help corporations “clearly disclose how the charity benefits from the sale of products, services or promotions that state or imply that a charity will benefit from a consumer sale or transaction.”
Standard 19 requires that “The disclosure must be provided to the potential purchaser at the point of solicitation. Placement of the disclosure might be, for example, within the product advertisement that features the charity benefit, on the product packaging, on the hangtag attached to the product, or on the catalog order form.”
The disclosure must include the following three elements:
- The actual or anticipated portion of the purchase price that will benefit the charity
- Example: $1 will be contributed to Share Our Strength for every XXX product sold
- Example: 10% of the retail price will be donated to Share Our Strength
- The duration of the campaign
- Example: from January 1 – October 31, 2011
- Example: for the month of April
- No duration required for custom, limited edition products
- Any maximum or guaranteed minimum donation amount
- Example: up to a maximum of $500,000
- Example: with a minimum guaranteed donation of $150,000
Correct Implementation of Standard 19
“$1 will go to the National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum for every knife set sold in the month of December, with a minimum guaranteed donation of $150,000.”
“XXX corporation will donate $1.00 to the National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum for every box of limited-edition chocolates sold, up to a maximum of $500,000.”
“For each t-shirt sold through June 30, 2011, 50% of the retail sales price will be donated to the National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum.”