The mission of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund is more important than ever.
As the leading authority on law enforcement line-of-duty deaths, the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund recognizes that your officers on the front lines are increasingly vulnerable to contracting the COVID-19 virus, and we are committed to performing the research required to determine how the coronavirus is impacting line-of-duty deaths. Your brave men and women are our true heroes.
Although the current crisis has resulted in the cancellation of public gatherings during National Police Week, we will still honor the 2019 fallen and those forgotten by time that have been discovered through our research. On Wednesday, May 13, 2020, we will move forward in solidarity with a virtual Candlelight Vigil and the reading of the names, which can be watched from anywhere in the world. As the future becomes more certain, we will finalize plans for a National Law Enforcement weekend, to be held October 9-12, 2020, that will include our Run for the Badge 5K, Officer of the Month Award Reception, Honor Guard ceremony, and a live reading of the 307 names being added to the walls this year.
Unfortunately, because we rely on the generosity of individuals, corporations, foundations, and our friends in law enforcement for financial support, the public health crisis has put a great strain on our resources.
We invite you, a law enforcement leader who knows the value of our mission, to join our Law Enforcement Affiliate Program as a Hero at $500, a Guardian at $1,500, or an Icon at $2,500. Each level offers you a comprehensive suite of benefits that can be fulfilled at any time during the year.
Your status as an affiliate will provide critical support for our mission, such as the virtual Candlelight Vigil in May, our law enforcement weekend in October, and our ongoing research and work to honor the names of fallen officers on the walls of the Memorial. Our ability to deliver these programs and services is dependent upon your annual support.
We hope we can count on you to support us, especially during this unprecedented time.
No one knows what tomorrow will bring, but the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund is here for you, our first responders, and will ensure that the nation knows what you are doing to keep us safe. Thank you!
AFFILIATE LEVELS AND BENEFITS
Hero Affiliate benefits include:
- Commemorative Wreath (1)
- Request 1 silk wreath at any time in 2020 to be displayed at the Memorial wall for four weeks. Wreaths are often placed at a special time, such as the anniversary of an officer’s end-of-watch date or a birthday.
- Wreaths must be ordered at least two weeks prior to requested placement date and will be placed Monday through Friday only.
- United by Light Virtual Candle (1)
- Dedicate a virtual candle to all the law enforcement professionals in your organization or to an active, retired, or fallen officer with a personalized message. Your message will appear on the Virtual Candle Tribute Wall.
- Challenge Coin
- Receive 1 limited-edition 2020 National Police Week Coin.
- Listing as a Law Enforcement Affiliate on our websites (LawMemorial.org and LawEnforcementMuseum.org) and mobile app.
- Law Enforcement Affiliate Insignia
In addition to the Hero-level benefits above, Guardians receive:
- 3 Individual Stand with Honor Memberships
- Each member has their law enforcement story on display in the Museum and on the website (StandwithHonor.org).
- Plus, special membership privileges.
- 2 additional United by Light Virtual Candles (for a total of 3)
- 2 additional Challenge Coins (for a total of 3)
In addition to the Guardian-level benefits above, Icons receive:
- Thin Blue Line Recognition – LIMITED NUMBER AVAILABLE (1 inscription up to 40 characters)
- Each inscription represents a professional or personal legacy and helps tell the story of American law enforcement.
- Choose to inscribe the name of your law enforcement organization or the name of an active, retired, or fallen officer on the glass panels that line our observation bridge and stairways in the National Law Enforcement Museum.
- Prominently display your organization’s logo as a Law Enforcement Affiliate on our websites (LawMemorial.org and LawEnforcementMuseum.org) and mobile app.