To ensure the safety of our visitors and collections, all visitors to the Museum will be subject to screening by security personnel upon entry. All bags, strollers and other containers will be hand-searched; please be prepared to open your bags and unzip pockets to facilitate a speedy entry. The Museum does not have on-site lockers or secured storage for luggage; it is highly recommended that you leave oversized bags or luggage at home or in your vehicle.
Please see below for items that are and are not permitted in the Museum; please leave any prohibited items at home to ensure entry into the museum.
The following are NOT PERMITTED in the Museum:
- Weapons and tools, including knives, scissors, and aerosol sprays such as pepper spray and Mace. Law enforcement officers may be permitted to carry firearms; see Firearms Security Policy
- Tripods, monopods, and selfie sticks
- Placards, banners, and signs
- Open food or drink containers
- Chewing gum
- Smoking and tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes
The following are PERMITTED in the Museum:
- Mobility aids (such as canes and walkers)
- Service animals
- Water bottles
- Food and drink in sealed containers
Policy last updated on: August 13, 2018.